Monday, July 27, 2009

I love my pet stories!

Around 10 Connects, I'm unofficially known as the pet beat reporter because I love covering stories about animals.

I've got two of my own cuties at home! Wilshire is my chihuahua and Moo Moo is my husband's border collie - pit bull mix. (Can you guess how she got her name?)





Anyway, I'm working on a couple of neat pet stories right now.

One is about Wall-E, an Oripei (pug - Shar Pei mix) who lost the use of his back legs when he was hit by a car. He needs a good home, and Pug Rescue of Florida is working to adopt him out. I spent about an hour with him. He has the sweetest disposition, and it's incredible because he truly doesn't seem to know that he's lost the use of his back legs!



My other story was a real eye-opener. It's about a woman who lost her dog, and even though he was microchipped, she couldn't find him until her friends posted an ad on Craig's List. Turns out the microchipping company didn't have the right contact information for her, so even though he did have a microchip, the company wasn't able to contact her.

Thank goodness he's safe back at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment