Friday, May 8, 2009

Any excuse to bring my dogs to work

Today's story is about how pets are still getting pampered, even though we're in this recession.

And who better to bring with me for my live shot than my own two dogs!



Both of them have been on TV many times before. (Unfortunately for them, their "mom" is a morning show reporter who is often desperately looking for pooches to join her on her live shots!) I actually think they need their own blogs on WTSP's website at this point.

But I didn't plan it this way. I called my humane society contact yesterday to ask for a group of photogenic dogs to join me there, but it didn't work out. So at 3am today, the 11th hour, my producer Mike suggested I just bring my own girls.

So, Wilshire, my feisty and adoring Chihuahua, and Moo Moo, my husband's meek and sweet-tempered border collie-pit bull mix, joined me at work today. At 4am, as I tried to get them out of the house, Wilshire looked up at me, eyes squinting like she wanted to say: "Seriously, what do you want?"

Eventually, we got to the 10 Connects studios, and they knew it was their time to shine! Moo Moo waltzed around the newsroom like she owned the place, and Wilshire growled at my producer Mike. (I told her, "Good girl!" LOL!)



Needless to say, they were fabulous on TV! They even decided to take over the live truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment