Friday, May 22, 2009

Make your own... laundry detergent?

I never knew it was possible to make your own laundry detergent until I met Edward and Dianne McInerney, a delightful Zephyrhills couple who make their own everything!

Yesterday, we went to their house to shoot an extra that will be airing Monday, July 6 at 6pm. But I'm so excited that I had to tell you now!

The McInerneys are such a dear couple. They're retired, and they use their extra time to make their own food and household items. I was very touched when they told me that they use the money they save to give to others.

What do they make themselves? Everything! Pickles, laundry detergent, household cleaner, yogurt! They have a fabulous garden on their property, and while we were there, they got their entire lunch from the wonderful fresh produce in their garden.

My favorite were the pickles that Edward made! We had to fight for the last one. Unfortunately, he won. But I'd already had about 3 by that point, so it was fine!



He and Dianne invited also their young friends, Samuel and Benjamin, over to watch while we did the shoot. They are two of the most well-behaved boys I've ever met. They come from a family of 10 kids, so I'm sure that has something to do with their fabulous behavior. Samuel stood mostly behind-the-scenes and snapped pictures, while Benjamin jumped in front of the camera with Edward. Both were also phenomenal helpers for Ben, so I had to snap a picture of the trio in action!



Samuel is wearing the black shirt, and Benjamin is wearing the hat. We called Ben and Benjamin "Ben squared" because they made such a great team!

No comments:

Post a Comment